FOLS is the national skills verification program for industry.
It is an industry-led system that supports the professionalism and safety of industry through a national electronic system of recording and verifying the training and currency of workers’ skills.
FOLS for your business
By becoming a member of FOLS your business can benefit from a streamlined system to manage the skills of your employees and improve safety in their workplace.
FOLS offers businesses a method of demonstrating that appropriate training has been provided to satisfy obligations and liabilities under national WHS Regulations.
FOLS for workers
For workers, a FOLS Card demonstrates to an employer that your skills are current.
FOLS verifies an worker has undertaken the required nationally recognised training and kept their skills current through regular practice of the work activities listed on the back of their FOLS Card.
What are the benefits?
- A streamlined system to manage risk and improve safety in your workplace
- Manage employee or contractor training, qualification and FOLS records online
- Manage your workforce’s skills development, including foundation skills and digital literacy, for future growth
- Reduce risk by knowing who is skilled to undertake particular activities
- Ensure your employee’s qualifications and skills are up-to-date
- Generate and manage your list of employees or contractors and their FOLS’ status
- Monitor FOLS expirations, with the ability to arrange training in advance if required
- Gain access to a list of current competent and experienced training providers
- Generate record reports
- Recognised by industry as a sound and experienced training provider
- Promote your business through a FOLS profile
- Demonstrate your capabilities by listing the units of competency you provide
- Access a list of the operators you have trained and receive recognition on their profile for conducting their training.
- Gain verification as a competent and experienced operator
- Visibly demonstrate your certification with your FOLS Card, anywhere
- Ensure your qualifications and skills remain current
- Apply for and renew your FOLS Card online anytime, anywhere
- Keep all your records in one safe place and upload skills evidence documents at any time
- Gain access to suitable training providers
- Share your records with your employer
Industry Steering Committee
FOLS is an industry-led program that is managed by ForestWorks. An industry steering committee guides the program.
Steering Committee Members include:
David Priem Riverina TAFE
Amanda Tarbotton Forestry Corporation of NSW
June Dunleavy Forest Industry Training and Education Consortium (FITEC)
Owen Trumper One Forty One Plantations (OFO)
Phillip Dohnt LV Dohnt & Co Pty Ltd
Alwin Goetze Moreland Holdings
Neil McCarthy Harvesting Manager ARTEC
John Webb Planning Coordinator, Norske Skog
John Dodson HVP Plantations
Bill Paul VicForests
David Bennett PF Olsen
Robin Austen Forest Products Commission
Bill Towie Towie Timber Training
Tony Ferguson Plantation Logging Co