- This event has passed.
WoodTECH 2018 – Rotorua, New Zealand
September 18, 2018 - September 19, 2018
The 2018 WoodTECH event will be focusing on innovations and new technologies around dry-mill and wood manufacturing operations. The previous two WoodTECH events, 2017 and 2015 have both concentrated on sawmill scanning, sawing and green-mill optimisation technologies.
New technologies, new processing systems and case studies to showcase “smart operating practices” in dry-mill and wood manufacturing operations will be profiled at the WoodTECH 2018 series this year. At this stage, we plan on covering;
- Robotics and automation and changes being seen in wood manufacturing
- Advances in wood scanning and board optimisation
- Finger-jointing, cross cutting and ripping
- Timber gluing and laminating
- Timber machining
- Kiln drying
- Timber finishing – planning, moulding and surface coating
- Material handling operations
- Mill maintenance
- Changes to timber standards
- H&S, training and skills development