- This event has passed.
Women in Forests and Timber Network (WFTN) Innovation Forum
September 23, 2015 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
555 Lonsdale St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
ForestWorks ISC hosted an engaging Innovation forum Women in Forests and Timber Network Innovation (WFTN) Forum on September 23 2015 in Melbourne (Monash Law Chambers).
Fifteen participants attended the forum, which specifically focussed on:
- Understand the needs of current and potential WTFN members
- Understand the current operating environment for WFTN
- Identify a preferred WFTN operating model
- Identify focus, activities and delivery for WFTN in Victoria
- An outline a potential ‘case study’ for state–‐based and national WFTN
The session was facilitated by Louise Stock from Focus Facilitation who also provided a presentation of her research into network models used for similar groups across rural Australia. This 4 hour session was introduced by Julie George the chair of the WFTN and included the opportunity to systematically review the potential of the group and how it could provide benefits to a range of stakeholders across the forestry and timber value chain.
A number of key points were identified throughout the forum, including:
- Formalise the structure and governance of WFTN
- Develop a strategic plan
- Seek funding and sponsorship to fund to implement strategic plan projects
- Drive communication through personal contact and self-funded network activities
- Utilise social media to broaden awareness and uptake eg Closed Facebook page
The Innovation Forum provided the opportunity for a broad range of industry representatives to collaborate and workshop how this group can meet the needs of women in the industry. The value of the forum to share knowledge and workshop possibilities will now be enacted upon by the WFTN Advisory Group.