Workshops in Apprentice and Trainee Supervision are being provided for free by Training Services NSW. There are upcoming dates available for April and May, in both regional and metropolitan NSW. Help your apprentice or trainee complete their training by learning how to:
- Effectively supervise and ‘coach’ apprentices and trainees
- Understand the importance of effective communication in the workplace
- Understand the relationship with the training provider – arranging training that works for you and your business
- Address workplace bullying and harassment issues
Effective supervision leads to more productive workplaces with a higher quality of output and services. It also allows more employees who can work unsupervised and can undertake a wider range of tasks.
The main reasons given by learners in their decision to leave or stay with training arrangements are to do with:
- the extent to which they feel supported as learners in the workplace,
- the extent to which the quality of the training received compensates for lower training wages,
- general workplace conditions and relationships; and
- the extent to which their choice of apprenticeship or traineeship meets their expectations.
Participants may be eligible for Continuing Professional Development points.
Visit training.nsw.gov.au or call Training Services NSW on 13 28 11 for more information.