Two improvement projects are currently underway for Certificate III in Woodmachining and Certificate III in Saw Technology (previously Certificate III in Sawdoctoring)
After a consultation period with over 40 Technical Advisory Committee members, we are developing and revising these qualifications.
The result of this consultation has seen:
– 10 new units of competency being created: 6 in Advances in Woodmachining and Sawdoctoring, and 4 in Sawmill Timber and Process Optimisation.
– A review of 59 other units of competency.
Our consultation saw large and diverse input from our committee members who represent:
- All 5 large softwood sawmills, with multiple sites across states
- 6 medium size sawmills and timber dressing plants
- 3 large saw services organisations (in which a number of Saw Doctors are employed)
- 2 training providers (who are the only active registered training organisations in the project areas)
- The main employee representative organisation (CFMMEU)
There projects are currently going through an equity and independent quality assurance process, and are expected to be completed by July 2019.
The Timber and Wood Processing Industry Reference Committee (IRC) are providing support for the final training package components.
Once finalised, the qualifications and units will be forwarded to the State/Territory Training Authorities (STAs/TTAs) for their consideration, and then have support for submission to the Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC).
Further information can be provided by Georgiana Daian at email@example.com, or call (03) 9321 3500.