IRC Skills Forecasts and Proposed Schedules of Work identify skills gaps, emerging skills needs and associated training needs for industry. These documents are developed every year and propose a plan for reviewing and developing the relevant units, skill sets and qualifications.
The 2018-2021 IRC Skills Forecasts and Proposed Schedule of Work for the Forest and Wood Products and Pulp and Paper Manufacturing industries were submitted to the Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC) on Friday, April 27 for consideration at their next meeting.
The Industry Reference Committees (IRCs) have proposed the following priority skills:
- Forest Management and Harvesting IRC
- New harvesting technologies
- Timber and Wood Processing IRC
- Advances in wood machining and saw doctoring
- Sawmill timber and process optimisation
- Timber Building Solutions IRC
- Timber truss and frame estimating and design
- Pulp and Paper Manufacturing IRC
- Recycling and de‑inking recovered paper
On behalf of the IRCs, ForestWorks would like to invite industry stakeholders to express their interest in contributing their expertise to any of the above priority skills. You can express your interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We will provide regular updates and ensure that everyone receives notifications if these priority skills are approved for development.