What are the requirements to get a FOLS?

with No Comments


A question we often hear from people applying for or renewing their FOLS is “What do I need to hold a FOLS?” Or more specifically, “what training am I required to have? Are there any mandatory training requirements?”

To receive a FOLS all the documentation you need to provide is:

  • A completed application form
  • A record of your training (which ForestWorks will already have on file if you have provided it previously)
  • A signed Currency Statement by your forest manager or the person you work for.

Some forest managers may require you to have certain training or competencies on your FOLS, in order to undertake your job role in the forests they manage. Your forest manager will be able to tell you what you need to have. FOLS itself is the record of the skills you have provided documentation for, including a currency statement.

Your FOLS lists the skilled activities or competencies that you have the documentation to support. Any mandatory training requirements for your job role will be decided on by your forest manager or employer. If you are uncertain as to what is required you should talk to your forest manager or their representative.


Visit fols.forestworks.com.au